Remove user from group (if it exists)

Right now you can add someone to a group but you can’t remove them. Is there a way to do this?

That’s a nice suggestion! Can you share some use cases for this?

1 Like

For example we’re building a community where user’s can select the groups they want to be in from a wizard anytime, and this will help “curate” their feed or just muting/watching categories based on their selections.

The problem is once a user selected their preferences right now they can’t change it since user’s are added to groups and they cannot be removed from them.

Have you tried using the group setting (in core) to make it possible for people to leave groups using the standard UI? You find it in /g/group-slug/manage/membership:

This is what it enables on the /g pages:

You could of course use the /g page (or a filtered view of it) for folk to choose their own to join (or request to join) as well. I redirect folk to that at the end of one of my Wizards for exactly that purpose.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried that. I just require some additional functionality above that where the Wizard really helps. Example I want to keep all categories muted except the groups for categories the user has joined. I know groups have a watch level setting but it doesn’t mix and match as I want to.

1 Like