Locations Plugin displays [object Object] instead of locations.

Environment

Discourse Version: 3.2.0.beta4-dev

Plugin Commit: 6.3.15 ee6a344

Steps to Reproduce

Go to a user profile. Enter a location for their Map Location.

You’ll see something like this:

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 2.02.18 PM

Note: If you select one, the dropdown will disappear and a proper address will display.

Example

https://labs.freethevaccine.org/u/redv/preferences/profile

Private forum

Logs

Deprecation notice: SiteSetting.min_trust_level_for_here_mention has been deprecated. Please use SiteSetting.here_mention_allowed_groups instead. (removal in Discourse 3.3)
At /var/www/discourse/lib/site_setting_extension.rb:202:in public_send

Backtrace

/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:1030:in deprecate' /var/www/discourse/lib/site_settings/deprecated_settings.rb:28:in block (2 levels) in setup_deprecated_methods’
/var/www/discourse/lib/site_setting_extension.rb:202:in public_send' /var/www/discourse/lib/site_setting_extension.rb:202:in block in all_settings’
/var/www/discourse/lib/site_setting_extension.rb:198:in each' /var/www/discourse/lib/site_setting_extension.rb:198:in map’
/var/www/discourse/lib/site_setting_extension.rb:198:in all_settings' /var/www/discourse/app/controllers/admin/site_settings_controller.rb:9:in index’
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/actionpack-7.0.7/lib/action_controller/metal/basic_implicit_render.rb:6:in send_action' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/actionpack-7.0.7/lib/abstract_controller/base.rb:215:in process_action’

Env

HTTP HOSTS: labs.freethevaccine.org

1 Like

Locations is currently in broken state due to a massive refactor in core.

I’m currently working on all the issues but cannot promise a timeline.

Thanks for reporting and your interest in our free offering.

1 Like

@SteveLambert I partially fixed this, can you please update and confirm?

I didn’t have a lot of time to devote to just this issue, but it’s definitely better.

(Note the fix is only available on tests-passed and not stable because of other fixes deployed at the same time were very significant and need beta testing).

@SteveLambert gentle reminder

Hi! I’m sorry - these alerts went to a bulk mail folder and I just saw it.

I’m running this version: 6.3.15 ee6a344

To get the tests-passed branch (assuming its a branch in git?) do I need to change something in containers/app.yml?

Hey Steve, you need:

version: tests-passed in your app.yml if you want to run latest code.

2 Likes

It works!

Thank you!

1 Like

I spoke too soon. I’m seeing it again. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The topic is closed so I can’t post there.

Anything I can provide that will help?

1 Like

@SteveLambert can you please share the version of Discourse you are on (Admin Dashboard screenshot would suffice)?

I’ve rebuilt today and its working fine for me.

Apologies for the delay:

3.2.0.beta4-dev bed4b3ee91

Locations version: 6.3.15
ee6a344

You are almost 2 months behind on commits to Locations. It’s not a surprise this doesn’t work - your version is even before my fix.

@SteveLambert that’s the same version as you were running before you updated, so I’m afraid that update did not go well. Could you please retry? You should end up at 2d70bd5.

1 Like

:person_facepalming:

How did that happen?

Well, I updated and everything is working. Sorry for the trouble and thanks!

1 Like

No worries, and Happy New Year! :slight_smile: