• Test again

• See that the field type never changed

• Try to change it again

• Test again

• Try to change it again

• Test again

• See that next to the Save button an error pops up which disappears after 8 seconds :sob:

afbeelding

• Decide that I don’t understand what it means
  • Give up
1 Like

Good report :+1:

I’m curious to learn a bit more about how the error message was missed until the third save? It appears very shortly after the save button is clicked.

In any event, that should indeed not be the “default”. I’m integrating the same logic we use to disable actions not available on your subscription to field types not available on your subscription.

PR for this

I think the #1 reason for this is that it does not only appear very shortly after the save button is clicked, it also disappears relatively shortly after that. I click save, immediately switch tabs to test, and when I came back the error was gone.

Errors like this should, IMO, be (much) more intrusive (popup modal) or have a large red bar. And they should never automatically disappear.

1 Like

Understood. In this case I think it’s better if the error never appears at all unless the client JS is changed or fails in some way. The PR will mean that you won’t see it in the normal course of operations.

1 Like

I’ve merged this one.

1 Like