Failed restore from backup - seems to be related to Events plugin

Chaps, I’m moving servers and have noticed a problem when trying to restore from backup.

It seems to be related to the Events plugin. Here is the relevant bit of the log:

EXCEPTION: ERROR: relation “idx_events_connection_filter_column_value” already exists in schema “backup”
CONTEXT: SQL statement “ALTER TABLE public.discourse_events_integration_connection_filters SET SCHEMA backup;”
PL/pgSQL function inline_code_block line 11 at EXECUTE

I’ve aligned the plugins and the Discourse version before making the backup, but that doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Should I just discard the Events plugin for now? Or am I missing something obvious?

Well, discarding the Events plugin made zero difference. And much to my surprise, I can still restore my old instance on the old server (thought I’d have the same problem).

Armed with that knowledge, I’ve given up and destroyed my planned new server. It was a ‘nice to have’ only.

I’ll try again another day, as the sting of urgency has departed now. And I’ll bleat if this occurs again, but hopefully it was just ‘one of those things’.

2 Likes

Closing this loop, spinning up a new server and moving to that one has completely sidestepped this issue.