Also apply wizard new topic replacement when composer category select is used

Environment

Discourse Version: 3.1.0 268efcccdd2df66762d116d01ad62e7641a503c6

Plugin Commit: 1f35b80

Steps to Reproduce

1. Make sure Select a wizard to replace the new topic composer in this category. is enabled
  2. Click new topic outside that category
  3. In composer, choose the category referenced above
  4. Wizard is not launched

Example

https://cablogstaging.discoursehosting.net/

@angus the user ’ thepavilion ` with your email account already has admin on our staging.

Logs

Nothing in /logs

This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. cablogstaging.discoursehosting.net
InstallTrigger is deprecated and will be removed in the future. index.js:21
[PLUGIN discourse-category-lockdown] To prevent errors in tests, add a `pluginId` key to your `modifyClass` call. This will ensure the modification is only applied once. 3 plugin-api.js:21
[PLUGIN discourse-journal] To prevent errors in tests, add a `pluginId` key to your `modifyClass` call. This will ensure the modification is only applied once. 10 plugin-api.js:21
[PLUGIN discourse-journal] reopenWidget: Could not find widget timeline-scrollarea in registry widget.js:82
[PLUGIN discourse-journal] reopenWidget: Could not find widget timeline-last-read in registry widget.js:82
[PLUGIN discourse-journal] To prevent errors in tests, add a `pluginId` key to your `modifyClass` call. This will ensure the modification is only applied once. plugin-api.js:21
[THEME 170 'Custom user menu tab'] Deprecation notice: addUserMenuGlyph has been removed. Use api.registerUserMenuTab instead. [deprecation id: discourse.add-user-menu-glyph] deprecated.js:64
TypeError: a.default.detectStore(...) is undefined h1-check.js:1:1301
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 3
1 Like

Hello jrgong,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! We will work on resolving it as soon as possible. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we appreciate your patience as we work on a fix. Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that this is actually a feature-request.

The existing functionality is purely from the Category page. I think that it would be quite a bit of work to extend it to the situation the @jrgong describes.

Having said that, I agree! It would be an excellent extension.

1 Like

I could swear that at some point it was the default behaviour of the custom wizard plugin at some point already. @angus could you confirm?

if it wasn’t, then it must have been a wild dream which we can turn into a feature-request :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, @NathanK is right here, this would be new functionality. However we’re happy to work on this as a good feature request from a subscriber. It is an inconsistency in the feature.

3 Likes

:tada: New Feature Update :tada:

Hello everyone,

I’m pleased to announce that the feature request regarding the “New Topic Composer” and category-specific wizards has been implemented!

Feature Details:

• The category will now be hidden from the dropdown in the New Topic Composer if “Select a wizard to replace the new topic composer in this category” is enabled.
  • Backend controls have been added to prevent topic creation outside of the wizard for that specific category.

Steps to Verify:

1. Enable “Select a wizard to replace the new topic composer in this category.”
  2. Click “New Topic” outside that category.
  3. The category should not appear in the dropdown, and you won’t be able to create a topic outside of the wizard.

Thank you for your valuable input and patience. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, please feel free to reach out.

4 Likes